Friday, September 25, 2009

A Poem

Today was filled with so much fun, I'm sure you won't believe;
Cambo went to preschool and didn't want to leave.
I had to make a quick return up to the Kitsap Mall;
I didn't buy a single thing, nothing large nor small.
I cleaned the car, I cleaned the sink, I made lunches for the kids;
I walked the dog, I changed the sheets, I promise, I really did.
Now I'm off to do laundry, my favorite chore of all;
Clothes were so much more fun to fold when my kids were small.
You see, my days are not so thrilling and are not always fun;
However, I don't mind so much, I know it's got to be done.
My husband arrives in the morning to spend a week at home;
A nice break for him and also for me, it's been hard here on my own.
So this is what I blog about when there's nothing to report;
A little of this, a little of that, random thoughts of a random sort.
Enjoy your weekend, blogstalkers, I don't know what I'll have to share;
But trust me on this, I promise to post something about which you might care.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

You rock! Way to make the mundane a bit more fun. :) Enjoy your week with your husband!!

Katie Clifford said...

Erin, I love you! You crack me up! give Clint a big hug for us... and the kids too! btw... Lucy watched graduation with me... and the whole time was cheering for Clint... "Yeah!! Go Clint!!!" her words, not mine! I mean, I was thinking it, but she was the one that came up with it... while running around and jumping randomly!

Nellie Hoskins said...

Your talent just continues to amaze me ... poetry now?

Nellie Hoskins said...

Oh yea ... who were you paying to go to sleep?

Misty said...

Glad your hubby is here for a while. And thanks for the poem. I guess it was written for me since I was named within it (Blog stalker)! =)

Cheryl said...

Blogstalker is exactly what I feel like!! But hey, it's fun!