Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pear Wednesday

This is it for me. No more fruit overload. After canning 12 jars of pears, I still had about half my pears left in the box. I had no more jars, so what to do with the rest of the pears. We ate a few. Then I remembered one of my favorite restaurant meals of all time has pears in it. Thus the creative re-creation kicked in. Here is my salute to the California Pizza Kitchen's Pear and Gorgonzola pizza. A little pear, a little gorgonzola, some caramelized onion and I even threw on some gouda for good measure. I baked it on a piece of Flat Out flat bread from costco (much better for my diet than pizza crust) and it was heavenly. I do believe I will be having that again tomorrow. I still have plenty of pears.








I also baked a pear cake that smells fantastic, but we will not be cutting into that until tomorrow. I have a delicious sounding recipe for a pear custard pie, so we'll give it a go tomorrow night. I don't think I better indulge in all these treats, but Gavin said, "They're made with pears, so they're healthy." Right-o, good man, right-o.

4 comments:

Anita said...

Erin, you are awsome!! How do you find the time, energy, and motivation?! You are my hero:)

kristib said...

Pear cake sounds fabulous. Are you going to post the recipe?

keri and omar said...

Hey, I just made pear and gorgonzola pizza last week. Weird, that's the first time I've ever made it and you made it too! yummy

keri and omar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.