Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oh no she didn't!

Yes...I did. Turns out I am one of those moms.


Tonight was the Raingutter Regatta for Cub Scouts. Gavin and I worked hard on making his boat cool and sea-worthy. He got a chance to race his boat 5 times and he won every time. That's right, our boat...I mean, his boat was undefeated. Applaud for us, we need the recognition. Flash forward to awards.

I knew that Gavin's boat was undefeated so I was holding the camera steady for his First Place ribbon. He got Second. Wait, what? Second? How can you get Second Place without losing? I don't know what kind of elimination the judges used, but it clearly wasn't the right kind, because Gavin never raced the first place winner. I kept my cool, because frankly, there is no need to make a scene (a large one, anyway). Although, being that I am from competitive genes, I had to make things right. I piped up, "Gavin why don't you go race your boat against the first place winner, you never raced him." Not obnoxious, but loud enough that the "judges" could hear me. Those boys raced and my boy won. Thank you very much. I will be heading over to the Scout shop in the morning to get my kid his first place ribbon.

9 comments:

Nellie Hoskins said...

AWESOME!!!

Annalia said...

The INJUSTICE!

Anonymous said...

Very strange procedure. You should talk to Brother Neal (Neil, Kneel?) about it.

Jen said...

You rock!

Becki Madsen said...

YOU are the coolest mom EVER! Way to go, I get so frustrated at those races, they are always trying to be politically correct and not hurt anyone's feelings! Congrats to you guys and way to go Erin!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devin Jenkins said...

Wow, I'm speechless. I guess I did know that you had it in you, but still...

Misty said...

that's awesome! not that he was robbed but that you said something. i wouldn't be able to hold my tongue eitheR!

Cheryl said...

Congrat!