Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Last day of the summer.

We had big plans today, BIG plans. We were going to drive down to the hands-on children's museum in Olympia and have a grand last day of the summer adventure. I quickly logged on to the internet to check the address and Carson stood on a stool next to me. I said, "Please get down or you're going to fall." He told me he wouldn't, and then he fell. He whacked the back of his head on the corner of the desk and bleeding was inevitable. I looked at it and said, "Guess we're going to the hospital instead." Thus and verily, plans changed. We spent the next 2 1/2 hours in the ER waiting for his head to be glued back together. With head sufficiently glued, and Italian Ice received, there was no longer time to drive to Olympia and make it back before piano lessons. Plans changed, once again.

The kids were miffed that we didn't get to go, so I conceded to do whatever they chose. Chuck E. Cheese (Carlos E. Queso to my husband and I). To say that I dislike this place gives it too much credit. I loathe that mouse. I avoid it at all costs, but my children LOVE it. Why? The food? No. The germs? Negative. The games? Nope. The junk they give away as "prizes?" Yep. Does anyone really want any of that garbage? I paid $20 for three tootsie roll pops, a plastic snake, a hair clip and a noise maker (my personal favorite). But I love my children and wanted them to have fun on their last day of freedom, so we went. We washed our hands more than anyone in the building, but fun was successful. I endured and am no worse for wear. They asked if we could go again next year. That's a bit too often for me, but I will reevaluate at a later date...much later.

4 comments:

Katie Clifford said...

oh man... poor carson! and poor you too... i agree with your feelings - that place is over priced, dirty, lame, too loud... generally just annoying! so good job surviving!!

Anonymous said...

When my kids were smaller, my parents used to go to Chuck E. Cheeese with us. My Dad takes the games seriously, and he would collect hundreds of tickets (along with the hundreds my husband collected) for my kids, but somehow it was always time for them to go when it got to waiting in the line, then waiting even longer for the kids to choose how to spend all the tickets...

Annalia said...

Tell Carson I'm glad his head survived.

I LOVE CEC! They have awesome breadsticks....and I think I like skeeball even more than my kids.

However, I don't like to go there when it's busy. The best time to go...weekday evenings (8ish) on school nights. It's abandoned, but open until 10pm!

Alex said...

poor Carson...What a day and chuch e cheese. My kids love it too.