Wednesday, October 7, 2009

McTakeover: The unHappy Meal


Tonight was the kids' school McTakeover at McDonalds. The teachers and principal helped out taking the orders and clearing the tables and such. From 6-8 pm, 40% of all proceeds went to the PTA. I figured a night out to McDonalds was in order, so we went. Arriving at 6:07 pm, there was plenty of time to eat and play before we needed to be at Cub Scouts at 7:00.

PROBLEM A: No place to park. Who knew it would be so crowded when an entire elementary school got invited to McDonalds?

PROBLEM B: Waiting in line for 23 minutes was WAY too much for 3 kids to handle.

PROBLEM C: Getting our receipt with the order number of #351, when they were on #334.

PROBLEM D: Feeding kids dinner 2 hours later than usual, and in the car, causing an absolute revolt.

PROBLEM E: Leaving as soon as we got our food, at 6:58 pm, to arrive 4 minutes late for Scouts.


Problems A-E equaled two kids in tears, one kid not speaking to me, and a giant headache.
Next year, I'm giving the school the $8 they earned from us and I'm taking my kids to Burger King.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Our first McTakeover had similar results. Now I only do the drive-thru for those.

Stacy said...

Wow, what a disaster. That's a great story.

Katie Clifford said...

what a mess - a good idea turned bad if you ask me!

Annalia said...

Bleh. I'm usually a boring drive-thru Mom. We only play on SPECIAL occasions.

Anonymous said...

Sent Ben with our three oldest and two friends while I stayed home with little one. They went throught the drive-thru then off to the Church.

Good idea for next year. I've given donations in lieu of participating in fund raisers in the past. This year I'm such a loser that I haven't even joined the PTA yet...

The Hoskins said...

Pam, they totally went inside. They were ordering while I was waiting for my food. Maybe you should've warned them. :)