Friday, October 16, 2009

Bring it, Washington.

The rain started this week. We were grossly under-prepared. I found one umbrella buried under some old maps and CDs in the car, so I sent the boys to the bus stop with it. They broke it after about 2 minutes. While they were at school, I went to 4 stores trying to find rain attire for them. I was entirely unsuccessful. Meanwhile, my cute belted cardigan was completely soaked and left me smelling a bit wet-doggish. My leather slip-on shoes were three sizes too big and my tediously flat ironed hair was a frizzy situation. I gave up. I came home and watched the rain as it washed away all my shopping hopes and dreams.

I tried again today. Fred Meyer, the absolute mecca of shopping (that puts me into a panic attack of gargantuan proportions), was sure to have something. They had everything. Of course, I never would've doubted that store. Really, it has everything. Shoes? Check. Clothes? Check. Groceries? Check. Furniture? Check. Tools? Heck, yeah, check. I found cutie boots for the whole crew and rain jackets for the boys. We're ready, Washington, hit us with your best shot. Or maybe just a mildly decent one.

7 comments:

Susanne said...

Heck, they even sell paint! I love Fred Meyer. Why don't they have it in California?! LOVE Cambria's rain boots. We had some serious rain here earlier this week, but all I could find at the stores was a couple more umbrellas for the kids. No boots. No rain jackets. I guess Target isn't as awesome as I thought. :-)

Anonymous said...

Look at those cute little rain dears!

MariePhotographie said...

Aw, the rainboots are so cute! I agree, Freddy's rocks. :)

Mary Sunshine said...

I've lived in the rainy Pacific Northwest all my life and never owned an umbrella, raincoat, or rainboots. Sometimes it is a source of pride that I could be so tough. Sometimes I feel deprived. Today I'm feeling deprived as I look at the other moms with their umbrellas at the bus stop in the pouring rain while I'm sitting in my heated car. Poor me.

Katie Clifford said...

I love all the boots! I keep seeing some cute ones like that here... but the problem is that Lucy would never get $14 worth of use out of them!! cute stuff though!

Linda Jenkins said...

I finally got an account so I can leave comments! I love the new rain gear -- will keep my darlin's dry.

Courtney said...

Ah, good ol' Freddy's! I was noticing their boots today. Good job getting all prepared! I don't buy umbrellas for my kids anymore - the wind wreaks havoc on them. However, if you still need some, Costco is selling them in 2 packs right now.