Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Job training is not a requirement.

Our sweet friend, Sierra, wanted to get her ears repierced this weekend. She had done it when she was about 5, but wasn't quite ready for them and they closed up on her. So, while we were at the store the other day, she saw a sign that said "Ear Piercing." She decided that she wanted it done. The lady helped her pick out earrings and we were all set to go. Her mom said, "Could you please put them right back on top of the holes she had before?" She checked out the ear lobe and said that would be fine.
Earring one? Perfect. Sierra took it like a champ and was ready for the next one.
Earring two? Well, see for yourself. Does that look like the same hole to you? What kind of ear piercer puts the new earring 1/4" away from her target? Sierra's mom was ready to fight. The piercing lady said, "Well, you can come back tomorrow and we can take it out and try again." Which, to me, sounded like, "Oh crap, you better come back when I'm not working, cause I don't want to take the fall for this one." Well, Sierra was in tears at this point because she knew she was going to have to go another round with that piercing gun. The lady was pretty much forced by my friend to get that earring out immediately and fix it. It was very disturbing and the piercing girl acted like she didn't do anything wrong. Well, at least Sierra got two for the price of one.

4 comments:

Anita said...

OUCH!! I don't know if I could do that to my child...poor girl.

Courtney said...

Oh my! How long until the extra hole heals?

The Hoskins said...

The second hole was already starting to heal by morning. I would assume it's much like getting a shot. In and out and it heals right up.

Susanne said...

That actually happened to me. Only my mom didn't make them fix it, so I still have a liitle scar where the other hole once was. I can't believe the girl didn't even act sorry for doing that to her!!!