Saturday, August 22, 2009

What a Saturday

ACT I
SETTING: Lowe's Home Improvement Store; Kid's Craft Clinic
MOOD: Excited and yet, slightly disappointed
CAST: Mommy, Gavin, Carson and Cambria

(The scene opens at 10:05 a.m. 5 minutes after the "Kid's Clinic" began. There are a bazillion children in line and all cast members are at the very end of it.)

CAMBRIA: Mommy, do we have to wait in line?
GAVIN: Yes, Cambria, we HAVE to wait in line.
MOMMY: Gavin, that's not very nice.
CARSON: Yeah, Gavin, that's not very nice.
MOMMY: Carson, that's enough.
CAMBRIA: Yeah, Carson, that's enough.
MOMMY: [frazzled] OK, we have to wait until other kids are done to go in, but we won't even do that if you can't talk nicely.
GAVIN, CARSON and CAMBRIA: OK


(The line moves fairly quickly and all children have come to their senses and are now entering the craft room.)


GAVIN: I can make my bus all by myself Mom, I don't need your help.
MOMMY: OK, that's great because I will probably need to help your brother and sister.

(The cast receives the school bus kits and find their seats. They build the buses and, with only a few finger smashes, they are nearly complete)


GAVIN: Mom, I didn't do this right can you take it apart so I can fix it.
MOMMY: I don't think so, let me look at it. [looks at bus] No, I definitely cannot take it apart.
GAVIN: I said I needed your help!
MOMMY: I'm sorry Gavin, all I heard was "I don't need your help."


(After much ado about nothing, the buses were finished and everyone was acceptably pleased with their bus. Overall, a successful trip.)



ACT II

SETTING: the little playground across the street; birthday party
MOOD: Woohoo, party!
CAST: Mommy, Gavin, Carson and Cambria (and various neighbors)

(The scene opens at the playground where there are many friends and neighbors getting birthday party stuff ready for Cambria's friend, Ruby. There is food, water balloons, cake and presents and everyone is having a wonderful time.)

ENTIRE CAST: [singing] Happy Birthday to Ruby, Happy Birthday to you!
RUBY: Thank you for the gifts.
ENTIRE CAST: You're welcome!

(Ruby finds a stroller in her garage and pushes Cambria around for 30 minutes. The cast plays for several hours and wishes the day could last forever.)

1 comments:

Alex said...

how funny...Joe took the kids to Lowes on Saturday and they made the same exact thing. Oh and already making friends and going to birthday party. That's great.