Saturday, August 29, 2009

Slackertown, USA

Yes, I missed yesterday's post. Point and jeer if you must, but I will do double duty today! Yesterday afternoon we picked up Clint at the airport and spent a little family time together. A friend of mine, with six children of her own, volunteered to watch our kids so Clint and I could go out on a date. She's a saint, this one. With adoration and gratitude, I accepted her offer and we went out! Dinner at a delicious place on the waterfront, and then a movie. Clint conceded to seeing Julie and Julia, which I thought was a pretty good movie (one inappropriate word notwithstanding). It was great to go out without the kids and spend a little time with the hubs, since he's been gone for a month. A lovely evening. Many thanks to the sainted mother who offered her assistance when clearly she didn't have to. Now, I simply must buy pounds of butter and get cooking...Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

How lovely, a date with your hubby. I'm sure he enjoyed all of your P90X improvements. Ha ha :)

Anonymous said...

I want to see that movie, too. How long does your DH get to stay?