Monday, August 31, 2009

Shot records, birth certificates and other fun stuff.

When you send a child to school, it takes nothing short of an FBI investigation to make sure all documentation is present and correct. I just want my 6-year old to learn some math, does it really matter if he is who I say he is? Nevertheless, here I sit filling out a large paper with many lines for all the various shots he's had in his life. I believe in some places it is called a shot record. Here however, a shot record is insufficient. I must transcribe, onto said paper, names, dates and doses of these shots. It's a bit of overkill since I am fairly confident that they have a newfangled invention known as a copy machine present in the front office. I will do my duty, however, and spend the next hour deciphering crazy medical handwriting and lingo so I can send my children off to get an education. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Sunnyslope didn't make too bad of a first impression. We have really enjoyed the school. I think the records thing may be for the family access website. That's not a really important tool for elementary kids, but it's fabulous once they get in Junior High.

keri and omar said...

Yes, but now I realize the copy machine is a little too much like candy for some of these people. My doctor's office must make a photocopy of the same insurance card I show them every other week I go in. I believe my file may have one sheet of Dr visit info and 24 copies of the same insurance card. But as you said, we shall just do as they say and nobody gets hurt