Wednesday, February 24, 2010

There's a difference.

Carson frantically told us that the toilet was clogged. I asked if he used too much toilet paper and he told me he didn't go potty. I said, "Then why did you flush the toilet?" He told me that he just wanted to. I asked if something got flushed down the toilet he said, "no." Then he said, "Well, there might have been a cup in there." A cup? Great. A little 3 oz. bathroom cup (which last time I purchased, decided that plastic ones would be better for child hands) fits perfectly in the hole of the toilet; it completely seals it shut. They are also very slippery and difficult to grasp. Clint had all three of our kids put their hands in to see if they could get it out. I left for choir practice and wished them all luck. I don't know how they finally got it out, but when I got home, there were various implements on the counter. A hanger, a paper clip, a corn cob skewer, yeah, fantastic stuff.

Oh, and, by the way, if you think paper dixie cups crush too easily and so you decide to buy the plastic ones...don't. There's a difference. One will crush and leave the toilet functioning, one will render it useless. I have chosen unwisely.

5 comments:

Don Jenkins said...

OK I'll bite how did they get the cup out?

The Hoskins said...

I don't know. I didn't want to bring it up again.

Courtney said...

It sounds like they had quite the adventure. I'm glad you didn't have to take part in it! I definitely appreciate life lessons learned from other's experiences.

Unknown said...

Oh the things that have gone down our toilets. So enjoyable when it's not me.

kristib said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has posted about having to retrieve something from the toilet!