Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No really, the dog ate my clothes!

So yesterday, the dog ate an article of clothing. I saw that is was missing from the pile and she was gagging a bit. I opened her mouth and saw nothing, so I figured it had already made its descent. I immediately headed over to my trusty friend, the internet, and set out a google search of, "can you give a dog ipecac?" Needless to say, that was not the recommended course of action. Some people said to just let it pass, but that seems a little bit dangerous to me when it's larger than a baby sock. I also found one site that said, "If you are too cheap to take your dog to the vet then you shouldn't have a dog and you need to take it to a shelter NOW!!" A bit harsh, but I get it. I, however, will not take my dog to the vet if there is something that I can do at home. I'd rather spend $2 on a remedy than $100 on a vet bill that will most likely give me the same result. Anywho, I found a site that said to give the dog a teaspoon of peroxide and it should make her puke. I figured, heck, I've got peroxide and a teaspoon wouldn't hurt to try. I gave it to her (another story in and of itself) and watched her like a hawk for about 4 minutes. Nothing. I went to the kitchen to wash the dog slobber and peroxide off my hands and heard, "Mommy, Sydney's puking all over the carpet!" Apparently 5 minutes is the appropriate amount of time to wait. My bad. Clothing retrieved, vomit removed, dog fine. Mission accomplished all for the price of about 17 cents. Thank you, I will spend the other $99.83 on something else.

2 comments:

Anita said...

What did she eat? Hopefully nothing special:) That DOG...

The Koszarek's said...

Oh my gosh, you really have a knack for writing funny stuff. I am over here chuckling, thank you! (And thanks for the peroxide tip!)