Sunday, July 19, 2009

Here we go, here we go, here we go again.

This is the end of the road for us. The California road anyway. We're off to WA today. It's bittersweet in so many ways. We have moved 7 times in the last 9 nine years (8 times, if you count moving next door last year). We get used to it, but not really. It's still hard to make new friends, to reestablish our home, to put down roots, knowing full well we'll have to rip them up again in a couple of years. It's part of the deal and that's what we do, we deal. Nevertheless, it's not something that I look forward to. When we go, there may be a little part of California that's empty because we're gone. Someone will come right along and fill in that hole and no one will even realize it's been filled. But, it will be. I, however, will be going to a giant empty hole and will need LOTS and LOTS of somebody's to fill it. It's not my favorite part about moving. Nope, definitely not my favorite. Wish us luck in the next few weeks and we'll blog ya later!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Good luck and I miss you guys already. Last night was a blast! Email me your new address and phone #'s when you get them.

Susanne said...

We're going to miss you guys so much! Your new ward is so lucky to have you join them. :-)

Anita said...

Erin, I am so glad I got to know you!! You are seriously someone I look up to:) I have no doubt you will fit right in up in WA!! Good luck!

Nellie Hoskins said...

I know you hate moving Erin but I am so proud of how you really strive to make the best out of every move you guys have made. There are people in Washington just waiting for you to touch their lives...love you...mil

Becki Madsen said...

Good luck on your move! you have to be the most patient wife moving so much! I think I would have gone crazy by now! Just come back to the Springs some day!

Misty said...

Because I am sentimental and feeling like the end of your time here (well, my time with you here) is coming to an all too fast end I decided to torture myself by reading your blog WAY back! Big mistake. I'm glad you will know a couple people where you are going next but you will ever be missed (and welcome) here!