Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Services Rendered


At church they asked for some volunteers to serve food at the women's shelter. I said I would help out with some of my friends, so we did. When we arrived (oh, how I wish I had taken a picture) to the scary ghetto section of 'Old Town Salinas' (google: Salinas gangs, see what comes up) we circled the block and said a prayer. Yes, it was slightly unsettling. Anywho, we made it into the kitchen and starting cooking dinner. There was no menu planned and no guidance other than the 7 of us and our grand ideas. There was a big fat fridge and a pantry full of various items and we just had to plan and prepare a meal of our choosing in 1 hour. It was interesting but a lot of fun! We served the ladies who came to eat and had a really good night. Thanks for being brave with me, ladies!

1 comments:

Anita said...

Wow, you are fast! I wasn't even home yet when you posted this. Great pic of us in our hairnets. Thanks for the prayer, I don't think we would have made it out alive without it;)